There is No Other Program in the Country Like V.E.T.
Participation in the V.E.T. Program is free and gives a veteran owned small business a leg up on success.
There are three ways to take advantage of the free V.E.T. program.
We are happy to work with any veteran who is serious about starting up and growing a business. Coaching takes place on phone, by email and in-person. A veteran entrepreneur may require only a simple phone conversation, or several contacts as needed. V.E.T. may feel you are best served by making contact with one of our subject matter mentors, or with our experienced in-house experts.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our vendor members, who have agreed to meet with you for free. Please check our our vendors at Business Resources.
Veteran Business Owner Certification Support
Obtaining certification as a veteran business owner can provide you with important opportunities to bid on and win contracts with governmental projects and corporations. Both the government and corporations have “supplier diversity” mandates, which includes doing business with veteran owned businesses.
We provide application support and direction to help you prepare for and navigate the complexities of certification. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The V.E.T. group program is by invitation only upon evaluation. Applicants are interviewed in advance and admitted to the program according to objective criteria developed by the program coordinators. Applicants are asked to commit to a minimum of twelve weeks of group attendance.
Screening and introduction sessions are mandatory for participants. Participants must be committed to attendance with no absences. Each participant must sign an attendance sheet with time of arrival upon entering class.
Participants are required to sign the following agreement –
- I understand the V.E.T. program requires a 13 week commitment, one meeting per week, and I agree to attend unless excused. One absence is discouraged but is permitted. Additional absences may result in termination from the program.
- Meetings will take place on Mondays starting on Monday, May 4 at 6pm. Group meetings cannot be made up, and I understand that when I miss a meeting, I am missing important information that will support my business.
- I agree not to “sell” my products or services to the other group participants during the 13 week program.
- I will arrive on time and remain until the close of the meeting.
- I agree that information shared in the V.E.T. meetings is private and I agree to keep any information disclosed in the meeting strictly confidential.
- I understand and agree that V.E.T. has a zero tolerance policy for alcohol, drugs and weapons of any kind. Use of any of these listed may result in termination from the program.
- I understand that V.E.T. group meetings are not psychotherapy and are not to be meant to address personal psychological issues.
- I agree to hold harmless NVTSI, Reboot, the V.E.T. coordinators, local experts, instructors, participants, other participants, and volunteers for any damages as a result of participation and/or advice received in the V.E.T. business coaching group of which I am a part.
- I agree to be positive, supportive, harmonious, accountable, committed, and open minded while participating in my V.E.T. group.
- I agree to permit the V.E.T. program to share my story and my image as needed for PR and fundraising purposes. (Optional)
- I understand that V.E.T. is a copyrighted program and all materials and processes are proprietary.
Apply for coaching or the next V.E.T. group here.